Click here to read the Purina Website Terms and Conditions
Purina Petcare (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. and any of its holding, subsidiary or related companies as defined in the Companies Act 2016 (collectively, “Purina“, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your rights with regards to your personal information when you communicate with us.
2. What personal information does Purina collect through this website and how does Purina collect it?
3. How does Purina keep your personal information secure?
4. What purposes does Purina use your personal information for?
5. Who does the Purina disclose and transfer your personal information to and why?
6. How can you access, modify, or make other choices regarding the use of the personal information you send to us?
7. Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?
8. Tracking Technologies - How and why does Purina use them?
9. E-Marketing - What is SPAMMING and what is Purina's position on SPAM e-mails?
10. How long does Purina keep your personal information?
11. What is Purina's policy on children using and communicating with our websites?
12. Does Purina link to other third party websites and what happens to my personal information when this linking happens?
13. What happens to my personal information when I e-mail a Purina web page to someone else?
14. What happens to my personal information if I participate in an on-line survey from Purina through this website?
PURINA POLICY ON PRIVACY
Please note we may combine personal information that we collect via one method (e.g., a website) with personal information that we collect via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization.
- Purina websites, including any consumer-directed websites operated by Purina and pages that we run on third party social networks;
- Purina mobile sites and applications;
- Purina text messaging programs;
- registration forms which we may collect from consumers, whether online or offline, including by post, during in-store demonstrations, or other in-person events or contests;
- any of Purina’s contests, events or campaigns;
- Call centers;
- Authorized Third Parties; and
- Other sources (e.g. third party data aggregators).
Personal information or personal data is information that can be used to identify you on its own or in combination with other data that we collect or have access to. In cases where personal and other information is combined (e.g. personal contact information with account login or demographic information), such information is considered to be personal information).
We strive to limit the amount of personal information we collect and store to only that which is reasonably necessary to provide you with the relevant services.
- Personal contact information - information that would allow us to contact you personally such as your name, home or mailing address, phone number, or email address. In some cases, it would include information you give us about someone else (e.g. if you provide a friend’s email address for a tell-a-friend program).
- Account login information.
- Demographic information (e.g. date of birth, age, etc)
- Technical computer information (e.g. IP addresses, type of operating system, web browser type) See further the answers to Question 8.
- Website Usage Information – information about how you use or navigate our websites, applications, online advertisements including which links you click, which pages you view and for how long, and other similar information and /or statistics such as date and time of visit, which site you came from, favorite recipes and site activities). See further the answers to Question 8.
- Consumer feedback.
- Consumer-generated content – This includes information that you create and voluntarily share with us (and perhaps others) by uploading it to one of our websites or applications, including on our social network sites such as but not limited to Facebook or Twitter.
- Social network information – this includes information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as but not limited to Facebook) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us,
- Payment information including your credit card details, billing name and address (for example when you buy a Purina product online),
- Other information that we might need to collect for a specific Purina contest, event or campaign, form, feature, or another service that you use or request.
- Sensitive personal information – This includes information about your physical or mental health or your medical condition and your religious beliefs which was gathered with your explicit consent at the point of collection.
A. Your personal information will be used for the purposes for which you provided it to Purina.
Additionally, we may use your personal information for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all of the uses below will be relevant to every consumer.
- Account & membership maintenance, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with your account
- To conduct consumer insight studies
- Customer service
- Product improvement and customization
- Consumer engagement
- Contests and other promotions
- Marketing communication
- Third-party social networking, which may be integrated into our sites or applications for the purposes of running contests, allowing you to share content with friends, etc
- Website improvement and personalization
- Website community features such as sharing pictures, videos, artwork or other messages or content
- Website viral features, which allow you to easily share certain news, product information, promotions, wish list items, or other content with family members and friends (typically using names and email addresses)
- Order fulfillment
- Other general purposes (e.g. website security, internal research, etc)
Q5 Who does the Purina disclose or transfer your personal information to and why?
Purina may share and transfer your personal information with our related companies anywhere in the world including our parent company and its subsidiaries (collectively our “Related Companies”) and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1).
We may also share your personal information with co-sponsors and promotion partners. This may involve, in some cases a transfer of your personal information outside Malaysia. Please see Question 7– "Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?” for information on data transfers outside Malaysia."
When you become a winner in a contest or participate in our events, we may publish your name, photographs, and other personal information without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a company other than us, our Related Companies and our Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1), you can always choose not to opt-in or participate in these events at the time the personal information is collected/requested.
We may disclose your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies if we are required to do so by law; or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; to respond to any legal claims or actions; or to protect the rights of Purina, its customers and/or the public.
We may also supply your personal information to potential acquirers of any relevant Purina business.
Q6 How can you access, modify, or make other choices regarding the use of the personal information you send to us?
A. The following outlines the choices you have with respect to the collection and use of your personal information by us. You can opt-out - You always have the option not to share any of your personal information with us. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
How to opt-out - If you do not want to receive communications and/or services from a Purina website or brand, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please visit the appropriate opt-out section(s) on our website or application and amend your preferences.
What if I receive an e-mail, message or another contact I am not expecting - Along with every e-mail marketing communication sent to you, we provide you the option to discontinue receiving future marketing communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
• Contact: Personal Data Protection Officer
• Address: Purina Petcare (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
22-1, 22nd Floor, Menara Surian
No. 1, Jalan PJU 7/3
Mutiara Damansara 47810
Petaling Jaya Selangor, Malaysia.
• Web Form: https://www.purina.com.my/Pages/contact-us.aspx
• Call us: 1-800-88-7462
Q7 Which countries will your personal information be sent to and why?
A Purina is a global company and your personal information may be transferred across borders. Your personal information may be transferred between Related Companies (defined in Question 5) and Authorised Third Parties (defined in Question 1) of the Purina (companies in which Nestlé S.A. has control through either direct or indirect ownership) located in different countries. Purina takes reasonably appropriate measures to maintain the security of the personal information both during transit and at the receiving location. Purina will ensure that the country your data is transferred to has a similar or equivalent personal data protection laws in place. The server that makes our websites available may be located outside the country from which you have accessed this website. All providers are bound by an agreement that ensures a high standard of privacy protection and requires (amongst other provisions) that it act only on Purina instructions and implements all technical measures necessary on an ongoing basis to keep your personal information secure.
A Purina uses Tracking Technologies (for example “Cookies”, “IP Addresses”, “Log Files”, “Tagging”) to gain a better understanding of how visitors use this website. Tracking technologies help us tailor Purina websites to your personal needs, to improve their user-friendliness, gain customer satisfaction feedback on our websites (through designated partners) and to communicate to you elsewhere on the web. To enable this, some Tracking Technologies are applied when you enter our sites.
What types of cookies may be used on Purina websites?
We may use the following types of cookies on Purina websites:
Session cookies - These are temporary cookies files which are erased when you close your browser. When you restart your browser and go back to the site that created those cookies, the website will treat you as a new visitor.
Persistent cookies – These cookies stay on your browser until you delete them manually or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period set within the cookies. These cookies will recognize you as a return visitor.
Necessary cookies - Necessary cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of Purina websites. They enable you to navigate around the website and use our features.
Cookies that send information to us - These are the cookies that we set on Purina websites and they can only be read by that site. This is known as a “First Party” cookie.
We also place cookies on Purina advertisements that are placed on other websites owned by third parties (e.g. Facebook). We obtain information via those cookies when you click on or interact with the advertisement. In this situation, Purina is placing a “Third Party” cookie. Purina may use the information obtained by these cookies to serve you with advertising that is relevant and of interest to you based on your past online behavior.
Cookies that send information to other companies - These are cookies that are set on a Purina website by our partner companies (e.g. Facebook or advertisers). They may use the data collected from these cookies to anonymously target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to the Purina Site. For example, if you use a social widget (e.g. the Facebook icon) on a Purina website, it will record your “share” or “like”. Facebook (as the company setting the cookies) will collect the data.
Examples of cookies used on this Website
What data is collected?
Help us understand how visitors interact with our website by providing information about the areas visited, time spent and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our websites.
All data is collected and aggregated anonymously.
Social Sharing Cookies
(sometimes called “Third Party” cookies, or “Social Widgets”)
Social sharing offered on the Website is run by third Parties. These third Parties may drop cookies on your computer when you use social sharing features on the Website, or if you are already logged into them. These cookies help improve your experience on the Website.
They allow you to share comments/ratings/pages/bookmarks and help to provide access to social networks and social online tools more easily.
These cookies may collect personal data that you have voluntarily disclosed, such as your username.
These cookies are used to deliver content via targeted advertising that is relevant to you and your interests or to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement.
These cookies also help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on Purina and Non-Purina websites. We may share this information with other Parties, including our agencies.
These cookies track users via their IP address
Cross Site Tracking
Other similar technologies
Purina webites also make use of other tracking technologies including IP addresses and log files, which also help us tailor Purina webites to your personal needs.
An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may record IP Addresses for the following purposes: (i) troubleshoot technical concerns, (ii) maintain website safety and security (iii) better understand how our websites are utilized, and (iv) to better tailor content to your needs depending on the country you are in.
We (or a third party on our behalf) may collect information in the form of logs files that record website activity and gather statistics about a user’s browsing habits. These entries are generated anonymously, and help us gather (among other things) (i) a user’s browser type and operating system, (ii) information about a user’s session (such as the URL they came from, the date and time they visited our website, and which pages they've viewed on our website and for how long), and, (iii) other similar navigational or click-stream data (e.g. site traffic reporting and unique visitor counts).
Manage your cookies/preferences
Please ensure that your computer setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to refuse them, although you may not have access to all the features of this website if you do so. See your browser "help" button for how you can do this. You do not need to have cookies on to use or navigate through many parts of this and other Purina websites. Remember that if you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Q9 What is SPAMMING and what is Purina's position on SPAM?
A. Spamming is where advertisements or marketing related materials are communicated to you either orally or in writing in an unsolicited manner and without your consent.
Purina does NOT send SPAM. Purina will not use your personal information (including your e-mail address, address, phone number) for direct marketing or follow-up communications unless you give us your EXPRESS permission. This is called "OPT-IN" consent.
Purina websites give you the option to receive marketing information by e-mail. Every e-mail sent by Purina will give you the option to stop receiving any form of marketing materials at any time.
If for some reason you believe you have received SPAM from a Purina company please inform us immediately. For contact details please see Question 6.
Q10 How long does Purina keep your personal information?
Q11 What is Purina's policy on communication with children?
A. We believe that it is highly important to protect the privacy of children and we encourage parents or guardians to spend time with their children to participate in and monitor their activities, including e-activities. We only collect personal information from children if parents or guardians provide consent for the child to submit personal information and we will ask children only for the personal information necessary to participate in the program for which the child is registering.
Children specific Websites
Special note to Children under the age of 18 If you are under the age of 18, we advise that you speak with your parent or guardian BEFORE giving your personal information to Purina websites. If you are not sure you understand something in this section, you should ask your parent or guardian for their help. Special note to Parents of Children under the age of 18
We recommend that parents/guardians regularly check and monitor their children's use of e-mail and other on-line activities. Please make sure that your child does not give us personally identifiable information on-line without asking your permission.
You can, at any point of time, check your child's personal information and have it changed or deleted on-line. Alternatively, you can also ask us to delete any of your child's information by sending us a deletion request form by e-mail/postal mail to the address given in contact details set out in Question 6
Q12 Does Purina link to other third party websites and what happens to my personal information when this linking happens?
Q13 What happens to my personal information if I participate in a survey conducted by Purina?
A. Some of our websites may provide you with the opportunity to e-mail a web page address to another person. For this feature to work, we may need to collect your e-mail address and/or the e-mail addresses of those you send the web page to. E-mail addresses collected in this way are not used for any purpose other than to fulfill your request. These e-mail addresses are not stored and are deleted immediately after your request is fulfilled.
Q14 What happens to my personal information if I participate in a survey conducted by Purina?
A. From time to time, we may ask our website visitors or customers or participants in any of our campaigns, contests or other promotional event to answer survey questions. Surveys generally will relate to the content of our websites, our products, or categories of products. We may ask for age or age ranges, gender, and/or other non-personally identifiable information. For the purposes of these surveys, we may add information obtained from Tracking Technologies (for online surveys) deployed to your survey answers but no personally identifiable information will be requested. Personal information gathered from polls and surveys are for Purina internal use only but aggregated (and non-personally identifiable) information may be shared with others.