What Do Dogs Need to Thrive?
Is your dog’s diet bringing out the best in him? Dogs, just like humans, have complex nutritional needs. It can be hard for owners to understand every facet of what their dog needs, but they needn't look beyond their pet food. That's because dog foods should provide a complete and balanced diet for dogs. At Purina, we reflect dogs’ natural needs using our quality ingredients.
What Should I Feed My Dog?
Finding the right food for your dog is vital to his health and happiness. One common misconception is that dogs are carnivores. The reality is that even their wolf ancestors eat only 70% meat. Today's dogs are omnivores, built to consume a more balanced diet - and that's a good thing. Depending on the breed, dogs can live twice as long as wolves.
- Protein and antioxidants found in omega fatty acids help support your dog's immune system.
SKIN AND COAT
- Omega-6 fatty acids, Vitamin E, and specific amino acids (the building blocks of protein) help maintain your dog's healthy skin and coat.
- Wholesome grains and high-quality protein sources make it easier for your dog to digest the nutrients in his food.
BONES AND TEETH
- To help support strong bones, dogs need calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin A helps keep dogs' vision sharp.
We hope you gained some insight into the dietary needs of your dog. Find out more about Purina dog foods that will help your dog thrive.